Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Social security number

I sn trying to file for divorce from my current husband who lives somewhere and Florida and I need his social but don't have any proof of it how do I find his social security number to put on my divorce papers we never filed taxes before because before the first year we already split up

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • just put unknown

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • Did you ever have a lease or own a home? The only other thing I can think of is to pay one of those on line things like Intellius to find it.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 9:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • Do you have a copy of the marriage paperwork? If not just put Unknown and as much info that you know and the courts should be able to track him down.
    Do you at least know his birthdate?

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • Old pay stubs, banks, utility company's, etc may have the number for you. I am assuming that you have a lawyer so if you can't get it ask him what to do.

    Answer by baconbits at 10:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • You both should have been filing taxes as married filing separately so you should be able to get a copy from the IRS. Your lawyer should be helping you.  


    Answer by booklover545 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • I've had 3 divorces and one was in FL. I have never had to give a SSN for an x before. Just tell the attorney you don't know it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Birth Certifcate Question

Next question overall (Health)
Freaked out