Would you hire an AuPair?

... if you could afford it, would you do it?

If no, why?
If yes, why?

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 7:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had a nanny. She lived with us and I paid her she did everything as part of the family. She got room and board, plus a paycheck every week. It was really nice having her around and we became very good friends. She was from England and had moved to the states with her mom who had married an american. If I needed a nanny again I definately would do it. In fact if I had the money Id hire a live in now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Absolutely not... I don't like it when people overstay their welcome so I really wouldn't want someone in my home that would live here and that I paid.... I would end up firing them just to get them out of my house.... I like doing things on my own for my children, that's why I had them... I think that if you made a choice to have a child, which is a gift btw, then you should be the one to sacrifice everything, job, social life ect for them...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I've worked as a nanny and yes I would have one for my child. I don't trust daycare.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2009