• In the Spotlight:

What are my chances..

Of having another miscarriage, now that I have seen my babys heartbeat 2 times on an ultasound, and now that I am 12 weeks along? Can it still happen again? The babys HB was also 126 bpm at 7 weeks, and at 9 weeks it was 166 bpm.

When is it safe for me to go out and start picking up things little by little? The last time I did this, I MC...

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your risk decrease with each trimester. I would just hand in there. Wait until you get a little closer. I had a friend who miscarried at about 24 weeks. So it is still possible. Just be diligent about your dr appts, and make sure that you get plenty of rest. So that you don't have to spend a lot of money all at once I would start putting some away so that you can get stuff when you are really in the clear. I wish you all the luck and take care of yourself and that baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I had a miscarriage at 15 1/2 weeks.

The risk is always there. but its higher when you had a miscarriage already and its even higher when your miscarriage was less than 12months ago. Why? your body didnt get enough rest and time to heal.

i wish you good luck! hang in there.. you dont need to pick up anything. tell your husband to do that for you
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i would wait till about 20 weeks when you know what the baby is and this way all will be pretty ok and in the clear good luck hun and that baby should be ok got a very strong heart beat at 166
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• There is still a chance but it is pretty small at this time. I would say though, don't spend your time dreading it. Go out and buy some cute baby thing so you can enjoy your pregnancy a little bit. If it is going to happen, it will happen. But you deserve to have some fun and enjoy that baby inside of you! Especially after already having dealt with one miscarriage. Take care of yourself.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• dont buy anything yet hun. wait until your about 20 weeks or so along just incase. that way you do not get too upset.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Of course, there's always the chance of m/c, but after you have seen a healthy baby and everything seems normal, I'd say statistically speaking, the chance is relatively small. I did not start buying clothes and stuff until after my 20 wk. u/s when I saw that my baby was healthy. I also found out the sex, so that made it even more fun to do the shopping right after my u/s. Try to relax. The odds are on your side for having a healthy, full-term baby in the end.
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 10:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2009