high bloodclotting levels

After I had my twins my health hasn't been the same. I had MIL do bloodwork on me and my pt and ptt came back abnormally high. Does anybody else have this issue and have you been diagnosed with anything? I'm waiting for insurance before I go to the Dr. about it.

jreneei

Asked by jreneei at 8:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Health

• How high were they? The higher they are, the longer it takes you to clot. How old are your twins? usually right after child birth, woman clot faster. I take coumadin and I am a nurse- so I spend a lot of time with this info. (weekly PT/INR testing). How did your MIL test your blood?
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• im not sure about the level and ptt you were mentioning, but when i had my daughters i had blood clots. afterwards i was tested and came back positive for von willebrand disease. may be nothing relating to what you have but its not something common people hear of so i figured it was worth mentioning to ya! :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My pt was 10.1, I think maybe that was normal. My APTT was 48.1 and the normal range is 23.6-31.6. My twins were about 8 months old when the tests were done. My MIL is a Lab Tech so she just drew my blood and took it into wprk with her. The reason she did bloodwork for me was because I was bruising badly, I was having spells of being lightheaded, and I haven't started my cycle since having the twins. I was always very predictable and never skipped a period even after having my first two kiddos.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009