When should single daddy's stop sleeping with their daughters?

SpursGirl2008

Asked by SpursGirl2008 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When either one of them becomes uncomfortable. That will usually happen eventually. I don't think I can put an age on it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i totally agree, there is no age, it's when the situation becomes uncomfortable. Although my husband is not a single dad, he sleeps with her on the open up couch on weekends (it's her treat for the weekend, she hates sleeping in her own bed) and she's 7 already. Nothing uncomfortable about that situation either, they both love it and it's good bonding time for them, they watch cartoons/movies and tell stories and I get to go to bed early. It's really nice.
    neenee32

Answer by neenee32 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• oops, her is my daughter, Mollie.
    neenee32

• At the same age a single mom would stop sleeping with her child. This is a matter of comfort for the pair of them. If they sleep together and 9 or 10 and everyone is comfortable, there is nothing wrong with it.
    yakara77

Answer by yakara77 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

•  A father/daughter love is something special... if they become uncofortable sleeping in the same bed that is when it should stop... it is the same thought when asking when a mother and any of her children should stop sleeping with her...

Unless you think or feel that something unhealthy is going on with this situtation, I would not worry to much about it ...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I don't think they should sleep in the same bed ever but I also don't believe in co-sleeping.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I tend to agree with sammiesmom but primarilly for his protection. All it takes is someone sticking their nose in and saying something to CPS, and he could be in for an accusation that he doesn't deserve.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Why is a father and daughter any different than a mother and son? Only in this country do we demonize family beds.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 7:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2009