Does anyone have any great pork chop recipes?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 11:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Food & Drink

• How do you want to cook them? I had oven fried last night with breadcrumbs. Those were good.

You could pan fry them and then take them out of the pan (after they are cooked), put a can of black beans and a cup of salsa in the pan and heat, then add the chops again to heat all of it together and serve over rice.

Marinate them in 1/2 c. water, 1/3 c. soy sauce, 1/4 cup veg. oil, 3 Tbsp. lemon pepper and two minced garlic cloves and grill them (this is one of my favorites).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• When I do pork chops I usually cook them with rice (although I see you are asking about pasta side dishes, so I'm not sure this is what you're looking for). 1 can cream of mushroom (can use cream of something else if preferred), 1 1/2 cups water, 1 cup uncooked rice, 1/4 chopped onion, and pork chops. Mix the first 4 ingredients and put in casserole dish, top with seasoned pork chops. Cook at 350 for 1 hour or until meat is done and liquid is absorbed. It's easy, quick to put on the table and my kids love it.

Answer by missanc at 11:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• One of my family's favorites is when I season the pork chops (I usually use seasoned pepper, Adobo, and Seminole seasoning [not sure if this one is just a local thing or can be found everywhere]) and put them in a 13x9 pan. Then I put swiss cheese over the chops. Moisten stuffing mix (I usually use either 2 boxes ofStovetop Pork or Herbs, or 1 big bag of Pepperidge Farm) with enough water to moisten, but not soften, and spread it over the pork chops and throughout the pan. Put a little more swiss on top of the stuffing. Then mix 2 cans cream of mushroom soup with 12-16 ounces of sour cream and spread over the top. Bake at 375 for about an hour (check the chops for doneness, as it tends to vary depending on their thickness).
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Spread mustard on both sides, sprinkle with a little garlic powder and brown. Place in baking dish and sprinkle parsley flakes. Add enough chicken broth to cover. Cover and bake at 350° approx. 1 hr or until tender.
    This recipe also works great in a crock pot. Enjoy!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• My husbands favorite is when I spread Dijon mustard on the chops then bread in Italian bread crumbs. Place on foil lined pan and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes, I maked spiced apples and Uncle Bens Brocolli rice augrautin.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Big Hit in my house! It's so easy and delish!
    6 boneless pork chops
    1 large onion, chopped
    5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 (10.75 ounce) can water
    1/2 (10.75 ounce) can milk
    salt and pepper to taste
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• My family's favorite is when I season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then dredge them in seasoned flour, and fry them in olive/canola oil in my iron skillet. We don't have them often, but when we do there are never leftovers.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I call these red pork chops. They are my MIL's recipe and are delicious! Salt and pepper both sides, put in the pan, add brown sugar on each chop, then a squirt of dijon mustard on each chop, make sure to spread the mustard and sugar into each of the chops. Then cover with a can of crushed tomatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

Delicious!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• My favorite: Brown the chops in a little bit of oil in a large skillet. Then cover them with a layer of sliced potatoes, a layer of sliced onions, and a layer of sliced carrots or a package of baby carrots. Then mix 4 beef bouillion cubes with a cup of hot water and pour the mixture over all. Reduce the heat and cover with a tight fitting lid until chops and veggies are tender. You can also put them in a casserole and cook them in the oven, but I usually don't. It just dirties another dish. This way you have only one pan to wash and with a salad, you have a full meal!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• 4 sweet potatoes
    4 apples
    6 pork chops
    2 tbsp flour
    salt and pepper
    3 tbsp oil

Parboil sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, then peel and slice 1/2 inch thick. Core, peel, and slice apples.

Dust chops with flour, shake off excess. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Brown chops one minute on each side over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and apples to pan, cover. Cook 30 minutes over medium heat or till apples and sweet potatoes are tender.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2013