Octomom question, again.

Being there will be 14 little darlings, do you think it is right for the father to have no obligation to these children? Do you think it was right for him to have consented (if he even consented) to be the father of this many children knowing he would not be in their lives? I just cannot help but wonder. What do you ladies think?

KARRIEMARIE

Asked by KARRIEMARIE at 8:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I had heard that the sperm donor asked her NOT TO USE the rest of the sperm. I believe that he is now married and did not want her using the rest.
    Him being a part of the kids lives in the future may just be her blowing smoke..she is a little crazy.
    I also do not believe that they can hold him financially responsible because he was a donor. How about holding the DR. liable for inseminating her. Did he know that she was already on state aid? How is that allowable?
    To tabbys4...she was implanted with 6 fertilized eggs, 2 of the eggs then split, causing 2 sets of twins within the babies. It is crazy that this happened this way...crazy and very sad.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I thought that it was artificial insemination.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• 14.. he might have ran to mexico already. idk she says friend donated sperm and he was just the doner but now its he might be around? good question. last i heard the state or goverment might make him be a dad even if it was just a friend doner. something about him having to be finacilly reasponsable.. im not positive though. also anyone know how they emplanted 6 and she came out with 8? were did the other 2 come from? any ideas?
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i thought the same thing you can choose the same donner but i feel that she should have never had that many.
    tracymommyof5

Answer by tracymommyof5 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• she was but a friend of hers was the donated sperm. least thats what i heard.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If she took the sperm for AI then the father has no obligation to her. He might feel he wants to be in their lives, but hes not legally obligated. I just don't understand that whole sperm bank thing. How can you create children and be okay with your little bioidenticals running around in the world and having nothing to do with them? That seems unnatural to me. No one ever thinks about how the kids will feel, just how they personally feel. Have we become that selfish? She states a friend donated the sperm, so if thats true, its likely hes around. Obviously not enough, though.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• This is how I understand it. He makes the sperm donation, in this case it was a friend of her apparently, and they use his sperm donation to fertilize eggs which are then either used or frozen for further use. She made the choice to implant so many and go back for more. I don't think he should be obligated at all, he was helping a friend have a child, she made the decision to have the rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I thought that you sign some kind of disclosure when you donate sperm or eggs that relinquishes your parental rights and future obligations......??!! This whole story is amazingly tragic! It will be the children who suffer and that is a travesty!!!!!!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I don't think he can be held accountable... he donated it.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• This story gets sadder and sadder!!!! Those poor children!!!!!!!!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2009