BRING ON THE LABOR!

Okay I'm seriously in so much pain right now, I'm way more than ready to get this baby out!!! From the tightening feeling in my stomach, to my crazy lower back pains, to the even LOWER period-like cramps I'm having... I don't know how much more I can take.

I'll try anything to induce labor. Give me any ideas! I'll try anything.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Inductions are risky and not smart unless a true medicle emergancy. Feeling sick of being pregnant is not good enough. Labor will come on it's own. Nothing will naturally induce labor unless your body is ready to go into labor. Try lot sand lots of sex (with no condom) and walking. Maybe eat some pineapple or spicy foods. DONT take castor oil or cohosh. Wait it out mama and hang in there! This baby will come out sometimes soon, you can be pregnant forever. You will have plenty of time to spend with your baby when it's time. Again, hang in there! Have a nice bath and just rest.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Ditto Navy-wife. Sex, walking, bumpy rides, pineapple, spicy foods. That is all you can really do safely, and those will only help move things a long if your body is ready. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh geeze.. I wasn't looking for anything more than the answer you just gave me! Haha, I'll take a hot bath now along with some pineapple juice :)
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• this sounds really really wierd, but when I was living in Charleston, SC a really popular thing to do is take a fresh pineapple, slice it into rounds after you've cut away the skin. and put it in a baggie (at the flea markets, tehy use grocery bags but I use a zip top at home) Then, squirt it with a lme and THEN (heres the wierd part) sprinkle with cyanne pepper and salt. This is the most AMAZING thing ever. Just shake around in the bag. This also allows you to eat an entire pineapple without having to wirry about getting a sore tounge cause the salt helps with the way your body absorbs the acid (or something, I'm not sure, but it's works!) Sex and a spicy pineapple kabob, lol, what more could you want?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Do you think the spicy foods might give me heart burn? I used to have really bad heartburn, but now that the baby has dropped I don't get it really at all anymore.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Take equal parts of vinegar and honey and shake well in a jar witha tight lid. Store in the fridge. Take a few tablespoon of this before you eat spicy foods and also whenever you feel the heartburn coming (if you do) if will work great. It also won't harm you or your baby and is cheap! Happy laboring!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2009