baby food jars or plastic?

In daycare I see alot of people who use the baby food that comes in the 2-pack plastic containers. I wanted to ask other moms "Why" when the jar baby food is cheaper? Is one better than the other?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We got the plastic to reuse them for other things, like for example taking cereal with us in public. Then we would just mix it and feed her out of there. Also, for other snacks on the go. I like the plastic because they can be thrown by a now 2 year old and not break!!!

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Where I am at, CT, the jar baby food is just as much as the ones in the plastic. No price difference here, so I get the plastic because it is lighter to cart around.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My sister buys the ones in the plactic then gives the containers to me and I make my own baby food and store it in the plactis ones. It's SOOOO cheap and healthy to make your own food, PLUS, you know what goes in there. Baby food tastes nothing like the real food. Your food that you smash/puree/food precess up is mighty tastey. I highly reccomend buying some in the plastic, then making your own and reusing the clean containers. You can all you baby's food for essentially free by using what you have for dinner. Good Luck! PM me with any questions about making baby food.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2009