mucous plug ? TMI

So the other day after me & hubby got done "doing the deed" and afterward I went to the bathroom and there was this long, stringy, goopy looking yellow thing. I was thinking it was part of my mucous plug, but I haven't really seen anything like it since then. I've seen some extra, and kinda slimy, discharge. Could it just have been discharge or well... juices, from the sex?
Help.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Stringy and slimy, sounds like your plug. You can loose part of it and then not the rest for awhile. Every person and time is different.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• it sounds like your musus plug.. also it possibly could of been his sperm after sex.. hard to tell, but if it was stringy goop like you say.. possible mucus plug. how far along are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oops, I guess I forgot to add that.. I'm 37 weeks today.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Sounds like when I lost my mucus plug.
    nomadbrat83

Answer by nomadbrat83 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• When I lost mine (after a vaginal exam, so after sex would make sense, too), it was over the course of a week or more, in pieces like what you're describing.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I'm not sure, but I know that after we have sex I have weird discharge for a few days. It could be either!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009