Is memory loss common when you've had children?

Ever since I had my daughter I've been having short term memory's awful...I'll set my keys down somewhere and forget where they are.....must be from having kids lol!!

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• I would say yes. I definately have had some small memory problems, remembering names, or finding keys or my cell phone....I think it's called 'mommy brain'

Answer by mkbugs at 8:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yes I believe it is lol

Answer by proudmomie97 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you know they actually had a show on this...i don't remember what show it was on. they called the problem "mom-nesia" (not sure how to spell) it's where you always forget things after having babies or during pregnancy. I KNOW I HAVE IT LOL

Answer by casey940 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• its normal :) dont worry you get it back when they have their own kids according ot my mom. I found getting a lil more sleep can help though.

Answer by froggies3sons at 8:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yes, it is called momnesia

Answer by Jordyn1202 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have triplets, I am lucky I can remember my name half the time

Answer by mishy at 12:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Stress from children could cause you to forget just about anything LoL. It is proven though that memory loss does start to happen and occurs during pregnancy and while the child is a newborn. I believe after that it's just stress LoL

Answer by jamie8506 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think children arrive with a hover sweeper attached to suck their mothers brains and energy. It does get better eventually, I think ...LOL Hang in there.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Some is normal, if you think you are having a real problem you may want to look at your hormones. I have hypothyroid and I was having major memory problems

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yep i call it mommy brain!

Answer by blackpanther75 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2008