My water is off

My water was turned off about an hour ago. I made a payment plan with them and was supposed to pay a partial of my late bill friday. I made this plan Monday. Now they say they have no record of that.

To get my water back on I need to pay 160. I can't do that until Friday afternoon.

The good news is I cooked dinner already and I'm good for a couple days. The bad news...How to flush the toilets.

I mean..hey no one poop for 2 days!

I have water in bottles and jugs from when we camp so there's that yeah...Oh and I can melt the ice in the freezer.

My biggest concern is the toilets. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Money & Work

• You can get a gallon of water in a bucket and dump it in. It will flush that way.

But if you don't run your water for several days and it is below freezing in your area, it can cause the pipes to freeze. Anyway you could borrow the money before to get it turned back on before friday>
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Can you go fill up buckets or jugs & dump them in the tub to save? Then just use a small bucket to fill the toilet to flush. Surely someone can give you water I hope. That's what we did when we were preparing for the Hurricane. We filled the tub with water. GL :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• No one to borrow the money from. Although I'm pissed that they claim to not have any record of the payment plan. There is nothing I can do about it now. Just have to prepare and do what I can.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Where do you live that this is even legal? (to turn off your water) Do you rent or own?
    Worst case scenario,"honey" buckets. Garbage bags over a bucket,throw away. Voila!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• If you call your local social services place won't they help? Calling 211 might be worth a shot, I know locally we have a charitable organization that would provide financial help for utilities.

Answer by missanc at 12:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Have nice neighbors? Ask to use their bathroom until you get things straightened out. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I agree that your situation totally sucks!! Been in a similar situation in the past where they claim to not have a record of a payment arrangement... Luckily my parents are great and have truly helped out when I've needed it!! I'm so sorry that you don't have that, and wish there was something I could do to help you out!! Do you have a neighbor or someone that may be willing to let you borrow a few gallons/ buckets of water to store, so you can flush the toilet?
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Our neighbors are the "Don't talk to use because we are above you" kind. During the holidays I tried to take them so cookies and the lady there said thank you... not even an hour later I saw her throwing them (including the tin) into the garbage can outside.

Right now it's raining so I have rainwater collecting in everything I can find in the back yard. Those are for the toilet and I'll keep the bottles and jugs for drinking water and I'll warm them up so the kids can take a towel with warm water and soap and wipe down.

I am so glad when I cooked Monday I was going to make one pot of stew and I was like. No, let me make 2 just in case.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• What state are you in? Most have energy assistance, and can help you pay your bill. Here's the link, scroll to the bottom of the page for a list of states, then click on yours.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/energy_assistance.html#State
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I've called a few places and the general concensus is: It'll take a few days or we don't have the funding at the moment.

Understandable. I have humped 5 gallon bucket after 5 gallon bucket up the stairs to fill 2 tubs up (got my work out in). Then I filled every spare bowl and bucket I had and well as filled the tank of the toilets up.

Fingers crossed that it rains tomorrow
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2013