Anything else I can do for my sick boy?

My son is 4 1/2 months old and has his first cold. Courtesy of big sister...

I have him propped in bed and am sucking his nose out regularly. Is there anything else I can do to make him more comfortable? Any homeopathic remedies or anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could get some eucalyptus oil and place it in a diffuser or a humidifier and that can help clear out the sinus'. You can add a couple drops in the bath too! It's very soothing!

There really isn't anything he can take, you know? I think hylands c+ cold tablets have a 1 year min on them.... but you can always go to a health food store and ask about them. They do work great, and are homeopathic.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• cool mist humidifer... now when mine was 4m he got the same thing, they say you cant do anything but i did... You should always ask your doc before given your baby anything that someone else says they did... After saying that, i went and got the vics vapor rub stuff and put it on his clothes at the top.. NOT on him, i put walmart great value honey in his milk, you can judge me all you want but both my kids are sick everyday, i know how to treat THEM... My doc of course thinks it will go away on its own but hes not with him cryn all night or cant breath eather... My kids both take medz everyday for something, i just do what i think is right... You can take this as a grane of salt or do it its up to you, also if he is sick whole milk will upset his belly... Agian, alway ask your doc what to do, they will tell you there is nothing you can do... You know what is right...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• A little Vicks also works, just rubbing a small amount on the chest and back area. Being he is under a year, just a little dab will do ya!
    mycrazzylife

Answer by mycrazzylife at 9:48 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you can't give your child an OTC med then you can't give them any med that's "homeopathic" so to speak, not without consulting your doc. For little ones the best care is a cool mist humidifier, a vapor bath can help with symptoms, also a saline nasal spray. Be carefull sucking out his nose as this can lead to worse irritation which can lead to infection. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2009