Migraines

Atleast once a week or more, I keep getting really bad migraines that are in the back of my head, by my temples. I will take Tylenol, Goody's headache powder, ect. and none of those work. They will last anywhere from 8 hours to 20 hours. I do wear contacts and glasses and had my last exam 7 months ago. My husband says I don't drink enough water, but I drink 5 bottles a day and I don't drink anything but water. Does anyone know why I keep getting these? Thanks!

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 9:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Health

• Certain things can trigger migraines. It is different for everyone, but some common causes are: wine, chocolate, nuts. I would try and think if there seems to be one thing triggering it. If you can't figure it out, then I would go see a doctor. They can perscribe medication that will help.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• sometimes proccessed meat like lunch meat, hotdogs, etc... with preservitives in them can trigger migrains. also certian kind of food dyes, there are many triggers. make a docters appt. and start wrighting down everything you eat or drink and how many hours you sleep by doing this it will make it easier to figure out whats causing them.
    frogygirlbynite

Answer by frogygirlbynite at 9:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• im going Thur this right now with my dr.we think it has something to do with my peirod ,so she put me thur test ultra sound of my pelvic blood test.do you feel sick to your stomach when you get theys head acks.the dr put me on these pills for migraines treximet,stress is a part of thous head acks .
    Excedrin asprin works great its a green and white round pill its like 7 bucks a bottle ,i used them for a year then they stoped workin.wish ya well....after all the test im back on the pill even thou i dont need it.lol will see if it works .
    postalmom1967

Answer by postalmom1967 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2009