I'm not supermom, superwife, or even wonderwoman and don't pretend to be

I'm not perfect by a long shot. I don't have all the answers, and I make mistakes. I don't have the patience of a saint, I have bad days, I get tired, overwhelmed, and frustrated.. I'm human. There are many people that have been through less than I have in life, and many many more that have been through far more than I could ever imagine. I let things go that I prob. shouldn't, and harp on things that I prob. should let go. But that's me. I'm learning new things everyday, and I'm a work in progress, and will be for the rest of my life. I think sometimes that some mom's (not just on here, but everywhere) forget that all kids are different. They all learn things at their own pace. Somethings that work perfectly for my kid, might not work at all for yours, and vice versa. My child may reach a milestone, or learn something faster, or easier than yours did, and vice versa. I'm not gonna pretend that I have all the answers, or that there is something wrong w/ you or your child because you or they don't react, act, or respond to things the same way as I do. We all do the best we can, (or most of us anyway). I'm gonna celebrate w/ you when your kid accomplishes something, regaurdless of whether mine has accomplished already or not. I'm gonna try to show support when you're going through something difficult, because I would hope you would do the same for me, and because it's the right thing to do. I may not understand what you're going through, or why you do something a certain way, but I'm not gonna be rude, catty, bitchy, or mean, just because I don't agree, and I'd hope you would do the same towards me. If I have nothing nice to say I'm gonna walk away or click away.. lol.. and let it go, because everyone handles things differently, and I don't know what you've been through or what you're going through, unless you tell me. Above all I"m gonna show you the respect that I hope you would show me. Seems so many people are so quick to look down on others, make catty remarks, and rude comments. Not just on here but everywhere. None of us knows it all, and Just because my child is older than your child and hasn't done something that yours has been doing, doesn't make me a bad parent. Your child might be a little more laid back, and mine might be more stubborn about things, and vice versa. There are certain timetables in which generally a child usually learns general things like, potty training, talking, walking, doing small chores, reading, writing, etc. But nothing is set in stone, and every child accomplishes these things when they are ready, though sometimes they need a little help. Just seems like some mom's have the Kelly Rippa syndrome in which they come across like they can do it all, and every mom should be at their level, or they are bad or lazy parents. It's sad to me. There is no such thing as perfection. The saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me" to me is one of the dumbest sayings ever. Because no matter how strong we may be or may act like we are, words can do major damage. I just ask that you think of this before you make a rude comment or bitchy remark. Anyone else feel that there seems to be a lack of respect, or understanding in this world, which has caused a lot of the problems in our lives, schools, children, and ourselves? What is something you think you change or need to work on about yourself, that could not only improve yourself, your life, and your character, but maybe even help someone else? Maybe also setting a better example for your kids?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 2:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• clappingat my age, I have done all the changing I am going to make, but boy oh boy are you right about the things you said!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Holy block o'text.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Paragraphs are your friend. Made it about two sentences in, sorry.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Ok,let the kid keep her bottle then....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• The news or media makes me feel that way. I just live the best I can and try and be real
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Someone has been taking this site a wee bit too seriously this morning.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Like Kristy said hun, this site cannot be taken too seriously but you are definitely right in your assessment of anyone being perfect.  I always find myself taking questions with a grain of salt, it might be someone trolling or being silly or annoying but I always put forth what I think might be a helpful answer....there are a lot of good souls in this site, it just takes a while to find them....

Answer by older at 2:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I only saw a few things in that post. I can't read it easily since there are no paragraphs. What I did read was something about catty and rude comments and setting a better example for my kids.
    First, I would always suggest that when someone comes to this section of the site or any other public forum for that matter, they wear a thicker skin than normal.
    Second, I would suggest that anyone receiving answers here (or just reading them) understand that there are a lot of other personalities here and it's damned near impossible to read tone. There are many wonderfully sarcastic women here, and at times it's hard to know when they are being a little sarcastic and when they are serious.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Hey, i don't know you
    And this is crazy

But I'm going to type a whole wall of text telling you how I'm doing it right and you're doing it wrong and you should all do what I say because even though I'm a complete stranger, it's my job to tell you all how you're doing it wrong and being mean if you disagree with me.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• And if the OP needs any further examples of the outtake quoted above^^^^, they can be found here.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2013