What is the best mattress?

I found that they are either too hard or too soft, and so expensive. So far tried the air ones do not last, plain one just like rock ,now not sure still hard. Only thing good it is adjustable had to add memory foam to it.. What did you end up getting, are you happy. ?

sunshine196

Asked by sunshine196 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Home & Garden

• This is very informative. I also want to buy a new mattress. Thanks for asking this question.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• We have a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed. The nice thing about it is that it has dual controls so Hubby and I can each set our sides to the way we like best!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• TempurPedic has a basic line that is pretty nice
    They're around a grand

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Our TempurPedic was $3500
    best...purchase..ever!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• We have a Sleep Number bed, and will never buy anything else. We've had this one for about 10 years now. If I remember correctly, it has a 20 year warranty. I've had to replace one of the air chambers, but it wasn't too much of a hassle to do.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I have a Kingsdown brand love it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• In 2002 got the select comfort , they have unproved on it, had to throw out the mattress air part. Not sure what this one is, foam and very expensive feel guilty
    sunshine196

Comment by sunshine196 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• booklover545 you are welcome , I looked at the receipt and the mattress I ended up with is a I comfort memory foam link  http://sleepworld.com/catalog/mattresses/icomfort   Without discounts about 9k they threw in vibration which I find a bit cheesy , I do like you can raised head or feet for reading or swolen feet if needed.

sunshine196

Comment by sunshine196 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2013