Vasectomy...how long for recovery?

How did the vasectomy procedure affect your husbands or significant others. Were they very sore and did it take long for them to get back on their feet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• We are going in march for ours, my sisters hubby went to work the next day... The doc said it nothing for him.. Just keep ice on it for the rest of the day and your good to go....
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• He was able to walk right after, but it was very painful. He had it done on a friday and by monday he was ok for work.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• 2 - 3 days
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We are having ours today and I really wanted to go out for dinner tomorrow, but wasn't sure what to expect so we haven't made any plans yet. Hopefully it will be a quick recovery.
    michiganmommy11

Answer by michiganmommy11 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• its 3 day recovery...
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• my husband was sore the first day but after that he was fine..some advice...get his sperm count checked thats where couples usually goof they think just cause they had it done all was good. it isnt it took my husband 6 months for his sperm count to go down to a safe level..
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• A bag of frozen peas on his crotch for a day and he will be fine. Sore, but fine
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Who cares???? Just kidding .my husband took about 3 daYS to quit complaining:)
    mary312

Answer by mary312 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My dh went in, had it done, and was home in about 2 hours. He spent a couple of days on the couch, rotating a few bags of frozen peas around. He had one on his crotch, the others in the freezer for when the first bag defrosted.

After about 2 or 3 days, he was fine, and it only took about a week before our sex life was 100% back to normal.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2009