How seriously do you take this site?

It seems it's split between those that see it as entertainment,and those that take it way too seriously.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I find your question to be offensive.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I see it as neither - to define it as simply "entertainment" is to dehumanize the other people behind the words being posted. This is not a video game designed for people to piss on others as they see fit, with no repercussions for their actions. At the same time, it is also not the G8 summit, and nothing said here is going to change the direction of the world.

This is a community, and like all communities, some people contribute to it, some are only here to suckle off it while contributing nothing, and everyone else is somewhere between.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• If you believe that, anonotroll, you don't pay attention.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• My point exactly. ooh you are so cool because you take this site seriously and have points..

Because the psychotic twunts never get banned or decide to make a 2nd/3rd/4th acct and level it up enough to go anon because they can't handle people knowing what a bitch they are, right? What you seem to forget is most of the people (there are some obnoxious exceptions) who've been here long enough to remember a time before points don't give a fuck about points. The people who are fixated on them (like you) are rare.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• What's in that glass anon? Piss and vinegar, because the other anon is certainly full of it already!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I find that if you have at least 6 digits next to your little grad cap icon, you are the ones who stir up the most controversy

I do ANON, and I an not a shit stirrer.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

Aww well damn....of course I have been a member of this site under the same screen name since it launched.
    'I would say the biggest shit stirrers are the ones that go anon.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I don't take it seriously, it's entertaining for me.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Let's just put it this way, I never loose any sleep over what goes on here.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• How seriously am I supposed to take a bunch of strangers? For me, I value those who seem to want to give good, sincere advice and ignore or giggle at those who are just out to make a stink over nothing. I don't want to come across as a bitch, but at the end of the day, anything that happens here doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2013