Grrr!

My preschooler is bored, moping and watching TV, and the dollhouse she just had to have for Christmas is sitting there barely touched! I feel like throwing the thing out the window. I thought she would have a lot of fun with it.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 4:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• how old
    this is in 3-4
    she might just be a little young to play dolls/pretend play by herself for very long
    but as she gets a bit older- she will

go in other room, start playing house by yourself, be sure to have lots of fun loud enough for her to hear
    she might just come see what all the fun is
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Honestly it is boring to play with a doll house all alone. Play with her and she will have a good time. Kids get bored when they don't have a companion. Not saying that we have to entertain our children all day long, but showing her how to play with the doll house could go far in helping her become interested in it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• our kids are technology free until 5 pm.... and they find things to do without it. Turn the tv off and tell her to play or clean... kids usually pick play!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• say tv time is up its time to go play!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 4:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• This is why the TV is not allowed to come on in our house until after dinner on weekdays. They only get about an hour and a half... sometimes 2 if we eat a little early. They would sit there all day if I didn't!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Have you tried cars?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• When ever my kids tell me they are bored I just answer with there is no such thing as boredom or ask them how they an be bored when there is no such thing when they get older I will add there is just a lack of imagination, try limiting her tv time but also making her responsible for entertaining her self for short periods of time
    ddmalott

Answer by ddmalott at 5:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• She's almost five. She's not usually very interested in TV. But lately she's gotten on this kick of wanting someone to play with all the time. I understand there are some not-so-fun things about being an only child, but I can't exactly fix that on short notice, or maybe at all.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2013