Do you offer your child milk everyday?

I don't... I count the cheese and yogurt they eat as their dairy some days. So if they had drinkable yogurt for breakfast, have cheese on their sandwich at lunch and mac and cheese with dinner they don't really get any that day. A friend of mine thinks I am nuts.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Not as much as I used to. My kids might have a glass of chocolate milk with dinner.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Yep
    He has Breakfast Essentials drinks several times daily to get his nutrition. He's super picky and getting him to eat properly, due to his autism,is like pulling teeth

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• they almost always get chocolate milk for dinner each night, unless we're having breakfast & they want OJ instead. and, they usually have it every morning with cereal, unless they choose something different to eat. we go through a lot of milk here, but we all love it. we still consume other dairy products as well.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I did when they were younger. But I am old school and we were taught that milk was good for every one.
    Don't know that I'll force it as much with this one.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Do those dairy servings add up to the equivalent to 2 cups of milk/day?? Are they eating portions that large? If yes then they are all set.

My kids ask for milk with dinner... I don't have a problem with that at all.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• He has a choice between milk and water with every meal and every time he asks for something to drink, so yes, but I don't force it upon him. His choice is usually 50/50 anyway.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• They are 5 and 8 and are both cheese lovers so they eat a good bit of cheese and the drinkable yogurts don't last too long int his house. Plus they eat a lot of green leafy veggies and other sources of calcium during the day. And on school days they get WAY too much dairy ( milk with breakfast and lunch and cheese or yogurt with meals) so it balances out. lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• they get milk at daycare. They choose what they want to drink at dinner. My DD usually says milk and DS usually says juice or water
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• use to, but i dont offer it as much anymore. DS still needs it but with his diarrhea he's been getting his calcium from yogurt. DD's never been a fan. i grew up in a "we dont drink milk" family and all of us are healthy, so i dont think much of it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I try but they aren't big on milk and I refuse to put chocolate in it all the time. My GS has 2 Kid Essential Supplements each day. He is almost 9 and we JUST got him up to 50 lbs. They do eat yogurt everyday, cheese and if Kefir is in the house it is gone like the wind.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2013