Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

How much does it cost to advetise a divorce in the paper usually ?

I am not having any luck finding my husband how much does it usually cost to advertise a divorce in the newspaper ? How do you get this done I went to the family court today and the lady said that I need to try and find him I have no idea where he is, so how do I start getting the advertisment done ? Do i have to petition and how is that done ?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • It cost my aunt $600 back in 1988,so now....who knows

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • You should look up the publication you want to use and check out their rates for legal notices in their classifieds. It probably depends on how long it is.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 5:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • My paper only does legal notices once a month,so that was the big issue
    Call and ask

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • you have to run an ad for a certain amount of days
    and i think, it must include certain statements
    ask lawyer

    do not want to spend the money on ads, only to find it was not up to court/legal standards

    years back i was in same situation, i spoke to a lawyer, he said very expensive and i might want to find him forst for address
    i knew state but he gave people leads to other side of state, i called sherrif department, super nice woman called me months later when he applied for drivers license. she did not have to, and was very grateful for her effort, she saved me tons of money
    once i had his address, i had him served, he never showed in court, but getting him served a lot cheaper than running the ads

    you could call paper on cost, but first find out AXACTLY what legal stuff you need in there and how many times it needs to run, and it has to run in last place you knew where he lived

    good luck

    Answer by fiatpax at 5:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • It is a legal notice? Different prices. You have to advertise in the last known address. Can't you call his family and get the info you need?

    Answer by booklover545 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • i think it IS a legal notice
    and those or expensive

    maybe in near future you can place ad on internet for much cheaper- who knows maybe now, but thinking court is still old school and HAS to go tr=hrough newspaper and for a week (ithink)

    Answer by fiatpax at 7:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • I agree, I think it would be expensive. Did you try Zaba search? Does he have Facebook? Do you happen to have any connections with any of his friends or perhaps old flames? I'm sneaky like that. I would get in touch with an old flame of his, have her pretend to be interested just to get his address. My other thought is if you knew what state he lived in you could look him up on that state's circuit court website. If he has recently been pulled over for speeding or not wearing a seat belt, his address would be there. Good luck!

    Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • Whats expensive usually anyone know

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • google your local paper and you'll be able to follow links that say "advertise with us". Asking people from around the country really isn't going to answer your question. Good luck!

    Answer by KPBMom at 8:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

  • I think you just contact you local newspaper and if you have more than one contact both and thell them what you need to do. They have done plent of these and can give you a standardly worded ad. They will give you their rates and the cost will also depend on how long the ad is to run.

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.