Probation officer question ?

If you husband is on probation,his officer should be able to give you his address correct since I am legally married to him . Isn't it my right to know where he is if they now. If they wont tell me can I have them let the court know where he is ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• No, the probation officer doesn't have to let you know where he is. That is private.
    Finding out court dates is a part of public record. You can get that from the court clerk.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Are you wanting to know so you can have him serve with papers for a divorce or something? If so, have the sheriff serve him. Give the papers to the sherrif's department, tell them he's on probation, and they'll look it up and go find him.... It costs like 30.00 bucks or so, and it's worth it to get the papers to him. Or if youre too poor, they'll waive it.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I suppose there might be some local laws on this but, no thy do not have to tell you his whereabouts and they would be violating his right to privacy.
    Yes you should be able to give the probation office the information and he should then pass it on. You may need your attorney to do this for you though.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I would think there is some kind of public records website. I don't know if they have to give it to you but certainly a lawyer should have better luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• How do i get this to a probation officer out of state
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• CALL
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2013