AAAARRRGHHHH!!! She's driving me crazy (er)

So my daughter came home from school yesterday and immediately started vomiting and had diarrhea. She was fine by dinner and woke up this morning begging me to let her go to school.

I almost wish I had.

School policy is that they have to be free of malady for 24 hours, consecutive. I kept her home. My very active, high energy, attention whore 5 year old. Okay, that sounds bad, calling her an attention whore. It fits though, she still seems incapable of doing anything all by herself. She thinks she needs to bug anyone and everyone around because she won't play all by herself.

Sigh

I love my kids, I really do, but when they're home sick because of school policy, and not really that sick, they drive me crazy by lunch time.

Oh yeah, the question: Anyone else's kids drive them crazy like this?

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 5:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Kids' Health

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Thank you Ballad. In all honesty, she could have gone to school yesterday. BUT, because the school requires a child to be healthy for 24 hours before they can come back to school, I had to keep her home. She was fine yesterday, just very demanding of attention, which is normal. I lover her and gods help the person that tries to hurt her, but she has GOT to learn how to play by herself.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Maybe there was something in the air today. Mine was driving me crazy, too, refusing to play by herself and wanting me to sit with her in the recliner all day, which is why I'm still up proofreading world history at one-thirty in the morning. I hope yours feels better soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I almost did mrsmom. I've done it in the past and had it blow up in my face. My son was barely sick, or (I thought) faking being sick. I sent him anyway and about an hour later had to go get him at school.

There are more people home now, so I'm not the sole focus of her demands for entertainment. And, it's about time to get ready for taekwondo.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I hear you.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• my 4 year old gets on my nerves alot now, god love her. suddenly she has a newfound sense of energy that she never had before, and she loves to talk your ear off. with my other kids, when they say "watch this mommy" one time is enough. but no not with her, and god forbid if you dare look away for even a split second. and then, alot of the time she mumbles so quietly i can't hear a damn word she says and ill have to ask her to repeat it like twelve times before she finally says it loud enough. i am home with her all day every day lol! but i know im going to cry my eyes out when she starts vpk this fall :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• If she didn't get sick at school & was acting fine by morning, I would've risked it & sent her. Maybe it was a reaction to cafeteria food & not a bug. But to your ques., that's a big fat YES! My boys are 1 1/2 yrs apart & could've drove a preacher to cuss when they were younger. And you don't even wanna be around my dau after she's had ice cream! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• And now she's curled up against me while we watch a Pit Bulls and Parolees rerun. She got comfy and told me she might even fall asleep. My migraine can only hope.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• My son is very sick with the flu. I only wish he would run around and get on my nerves while the Motrin does its thing.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• LOL Kristi, I kept waiting for her to backhand him through the wall.

My kids have done that.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2013