Convertable Carseat or Booster Carseat

DD is inching toward out growing her carseat so i am looking for a good carseat that she can use in to the toddler years. I am planning to rear face tell she is older. Nothing overly priced but if its good and will last a long time i am willing to spend a little extra.

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you want her rear-facing you can't get a booster, those are only front facing...not sure what else to tell you, we just had an eddie bauer convertible, I didn't love it or anything.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We have Evenflo seats ("Advance" - I think) with the infinite height adjustment, and I really like them. From either side of the seat you can loosen the straps to take out a sleeping baby without bugging them too much. Simple adjustment also makes it easier to get them in, and then just turn the knob to tighten. The seats had very high safety ratings, have been side-impact tested, and seem to be very comfortable (my 12 year old says she wishes they came in her size). I think they cost around $130 - $150. I think the seats are rated for 50 pounds and 50 inches.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Navymamma is right - you can't use a booster rear-facing, so you really need a convertible, and then much later a booster.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• One more thing - if you can wait a couple of months I think that is when Babies R Us has their big baby sale. When that's going on they usually have coupons for $20 - $30 off on most carseats. I think the big baby sale is usually around the end of March or first of April. They have other sales with coupons too, so keep a look out for them. I saved $50 when I bought my twins convertibles last year!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I own and all in one carseat that I got for my son. It has levers on the top that you twist and pull to adjust height and the straps are easily adjusted. It goes rear facing with the recline lever. Sit it back up and it is fron facing. Than everything pops out for a booster seat. Got it at Target for like 100 buck. Love it.
    Nicole_momtobe

Answer by Nicole_momtobe at 10:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you plan on RF longer, I'd recommend the True Fit. It's around $180, RF to 35 and FF to 65, at which point you would need to purchase a booster, but that's a long way off.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• get a convertible for sure. i have a sunshine kids radian 80. it'll last a really long time, it's very safe, fits pretty well even with other carseats, and i got mine for $250. that's a good price for a seat dhe can RF in til 33lbs and use til she's at least 7 or older.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Get a convertible. Avoid the Graco Comfort Sport, and any 3-in-1'sthat go from rear, to ff, to booster. Both of those seats are outgrown very early. You will not get your moneys worth.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 9:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2009