Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

I just seen husband is remarried

Okay so I have been going crazy trying to find this guy, today I got a copy of the marriage certificate to go to the court with. I could not find him so I am looking and I see he is remarried to another person. I ordered the certified copy of their certificate so I will have this to show that he is married in Florida. The thing is he must have a divorce decree right so how do I find this out because this is info they can tell me being I am also on the degree. If he committed bigamy can I just state this and be done with because I know have the proof of where he is.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • my ex got married in another state, our divorce was not even pending it can be done bt its not a valid marriage if yours was first. I had him arrested for bigamy as he walked out of the church they got married in. Priceless!!!! (helps when his sister is your best friend and tells you about it). All that happened though is he had to go to court, it was annulled and then I kept arguing the terms of the decree so it took another 3 years LOL, i was in no hurry.

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • I seen a girl get slapped once for saying I seen that before. It was me I was the girl. Right in my living room so talk right it will save you some grief

    Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • You really need to talk with a lawyer. Have you called the Bar Association in your state? You can speak with a Family Law attorney for 30 minutes for $25.

    Answer by booklover545 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • If you never signed any documents & received a divorce decree then you two are not divorced & he is committing bigamy.

    Answer by 3libras at 11:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • I'm guessing he got a divorce by default. All he had to do was file, and have an ad placed for a certain amount of time, and if you didn't respond, then the divorce was granted. Go to your local Dept of health and human services, and get a copy of the decree. All they need is his name, yours, the date you were married, and your social. You won't need his. He had to get the divorce in the county you were married in, so you shouldn't have a problem finding it.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • Ok, let me get the right. You are still married to this guy? Because you never received divorce papers? Do I got that right? He left you, disappeared?   Now you find him in Florida, remarried?   Is that right?  

    Go to the police and see if they can do something.  If they can't.  You might have to talk to a Lawyer about it.


    Answer by louise2 at 6:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • Ugh. I'm pretty sure my brother has done the same thing to his "x wife". The woman keeps trying to get ahold of him to sign the papers. He's already been through yet another marriage and "divorce" and has another girlfriend he lives with now. I don't know how to go about getting this taken care of, but good luck. Here's a bump!

    Answer by Kword at 2:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • so you are still married to him?

    i would say unless he can produce divorce papers then he is in a tad bit of trouble. Let the courts sort it out

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • Wow ... take the certified document to the county where you got your marriage license and see what the clerk can come up with, I guess. I've never heard of a divorce where both parties didn't have to sign the decree.

    Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.