Why do people who do not belive in G-d care if I pray for them ?

I have had atheist ask me to not pray for them . I don't understand this. If G-d is not real then my prayers are nothing .

hadassah1582

Asked by hadassah1582 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Religious Debate

• "Would you be offended if I as a witch said I preformed a spell on your behalf?"

Good question. Personally, I wouldn't be offended and I would try to explain very respectfully that because of my religious beliefs I cannot accept or condone those spells, but that I appreciate the good thoughts and intentions.
    I certainly wouldn't give her the finger or mock her good thoughts by saying they do nothing for me or anything of the sort...
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I don't get it either, if they don't believe then it should not matter either way...like I have always said, it is meant with good intentions .....

Answer by older at 4:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2013