Free Adobe CS2 isn't working for me.....help?

Found out today that Adobe is giving Creative Suite 2 away for free.

I've downloaded all the disks. I've started installing (I think) and it's STILL not working. I try to actually open creative suite and I get:

The installer could not start because of the following reasons:

Missing or Invalid Personalization Information.

Missing resource library.

HUH!!?!? someone help me fix this.......pretty please?

What am I doing wrong?

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 1:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Technology

• This whole "free cs2" thing is a gigantic lie that started with bloggers who misunderstood a press release. You are only entitled to dl that software if you already have an existing license for it (meaning one that was paid for when CS2 was available for sale):

Update on CS2 and Acrobat 7 Activation Servers
    POSTED BY ADOBE CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS ON JANUARY 7, 2013 4:05 PM IN CREATIVES, DIGITAL MEDIA
    Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Yeah, we HAD CS2 at one point. When I got this computer it came with Windows 7. When we tried to install it Windows said they were incompatible. About 2 months after we tossed the program I found the stuff to make older things (like CS2) compatible.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2013