Stripping.

What do you guys think of MOMS who strip? My friend is trying to get me to strip at a very high class club. Successful men with money go there. The girls make about 2500-6k a week!!! They can even make up to 4k in one night. So I was thinking, what are y'all's thoughts on moms who strip??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't judge anybody else for doing it. Just make sure you can handle it without harming yourself emotionally or jeopardizing your safety. Also, if your kids are school age, decide how you'll tell them what you do for a living, so they find out from you before they hear of it elsewhere.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Well, since I have had three kids, I'm not sure my body would work for stripping, but I don't look down on mothers who do. Unless you plan on bringing some of the patrons home, then it may create a problem. Also, I would follow Ballads advice and tell your kids before they hear it somewhere else.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Even if I did have the body for it...I wouldn't do it, but that's just me! GL with your decision. Definitely be open about it if you do decide on it.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• They're not making that much just stripping. They're getting that for prostituting themselves

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:23 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• My sister in law tried that for about 2 months then got a stalker and quit.

I don't have a problem with it -if it is something you feel comfortable with, but you have to be careful.
    Personally, I don't even want to see myself without clothes so there is NO way I could do it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I have a whole different view on this, but hey, it's just my opinion. I think it is degrading and a terrible role model for your kids. There are decent ways to make money without selling yourself.
    CouponKO.

Answer by CouponKO. at 8:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you don't go against your own moral code... whatever that may be.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• If you're not planning on telling your kids, and you can live with that, then go for it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I can't imagine any child who could proudly say my mom strips for money unless they were talking about furniture.
    But if that is what you want to do or whay you family needs you to do then I say do what you think best.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• it is not just taking your clothes off and wiggling it on a stage

it is placing yourself in a situation that is a slippery slope
    the "element" that hangs out in these places is not just bacholer party guys
    drugs, prostitution, stalkers, and dangerous other criminal activity
    i do not care how "high class" this place is- it is still a creepy and dangerous situation that you are placing yourself into

do what works for you
    but be careful
    and think long and hard before you make this choice
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2013