I need some help

So I can eat really well for days sometimes weeks, then I give into temptation and have ice cream, or fast food, or something unhealthy. I think this is why I have only been maintaining my weight. So what I am asking is if you went thru something similar and what helped? I don't keep stuff like that in the house fyi.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 1:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I always allow myself one day a month to eat what I want, as far as cravings or junk food.
    I keep plenty of low calorie snacks at home when the urge does strike.

Drink LOTS of water and walk at least three days a week, just to burn those extra calories off you've eaten.
    Losing weight is so hard unless you're 100% motivated!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Yes I did forget to mention that I do workout 5-6 days of the week. For at least an hour each day.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I don't limit anything- if I want ice cream- I have it, but it must fit within my calories for that day

I keep track of them in a notebook- and plan my days out so I know what I'm eating, and try to make room for some sort of desert every night. That is the only thing that works for me. I will not stick to a "diet" that limits what I can have.

Been doing it since March. Lost 41lbs so far
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• *also make sure you eat enough too- especially if you are working out. I am eating about 1850 cal. a day average right now and losing
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• You need to give in to your cravings sometimes - not all the time, and when you do, limit yourself. I don't swear off chocolate, because if I do, I will end up gorging on it. If I allow myself a little when I do want it, I don't gorge on it. Same with any other food that's not so good for me. I also make a point to give in to cravings as early in the day as possible so that I have time to fit some extra activity into my day, to make up for it - or if I know I'll have something that night, I'll eat really good all day. But don't completely swear off any food cuz that backfires!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I've been and still am where you are. Def. agree that you have to give in on occasion. But if you are only giving in on occasion and you are working out, but still maintaining your weight, it could be other factors. Not sure if it's true, but I've heard that the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight for some women. Stress, slow metabolism, thyroid problems, etc. could also be making it harder. I truly do wish you the best, because it's a lifelong journey, and not an easy one!! Just take it one day at a time, treat yourself on occasion, or find snacks that you really like that are better for you, and see how it goes. G.L!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• charlotsomtimes thanks I didn't think about it that way. I have been having dark chocolate covered raisins for my chocolate fix.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2013