• In the Spotlight:

How long did it take your child to forget about the pacifier?

I have a 1yr old son that we are weaning off of the pacifier, and by weaning I mean cold turkey. He only used it for sleep, but it was enough to make a difference. What I'm wondering is how long did it take your child to forget about the pacifier and sleep fine w/o it? I'm wondering how many sleepless nights I have to look forward to. Thanks!

Megan

ElijahsMom211

Asked by ElijahsMom211 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm wondering the same thing! My twins (17 months) use them for sleeping too, and I haven't been brave enough to take them away at night yet. They sleep pretty well, and I'm not sure I want to mess with a good thing. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We took one from my oldest at 13 months. He went to sleep the third night with no trouble at all.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Ryan was ADDICTED to his "BD" up until he was about 19 months, and finally I just took it away from him and threw them all away so that we wouldnt just get frsutrated and give in. The first two days were horrible, but the third day was better and by the fourth and fifth day, he didnt even care anymore. Goodluck..
    MommyAmbie

Answer by MommyAmbie at 11:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I just took it away at 12 mths old no problems!
    ilovexzavier

Answer by ilovexzavier at 2:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• 3 days and it was over. Though when he sees a pic of himself with a paci in his mouth he asks for it. I remind him its in the trash and he may wimper but he doesn't cry.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009