Do I need to trim my hair every so often?

I am growing my hair out. Last year I think I only had my hair trimmed twice, maybe three times. I have not had a hair cut/trim since August. I have recently decided to keep growing my hair out and donate at least 10 inches to Locks of Love. Is it necessary to get a hair trim every so often? If so, how often?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I think it is.You will be cutting away the dead spilts making your hair look and feel healthy and there will be less damage to your hair. Before you go through all the work of growing your hair out check out the rules they have. I wanted to donate mine too but at the time I had hard water with a little rust in it and it had changed my blond hair and they could not accept mine. I think it's so awesome that you want to donate to a great cause!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:27 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• It's not "necessary", but you hair will look & feel healthier if you do. I've always had long hair (past my mid-back), & I usually go in for a dusting, or getting rid of the split ends, every 2 months or so. Long hair gets more damage because it's older! Locks of Love is great, good for you.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I agree with both responses.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I think so. It keeps your hair looking healthy
    Megan11587

Answer by Megan11587 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• If your hair does not have split ends then you do not need to cut it and that depends on how you take care of your hair how quickly those come. Once you start getting splits though if you don't trim them off they grow quickly.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• To the ladies thinking about locks of love...

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html
    2monstersmommy

Answer by 2monstersmommy at 8:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• i havent had a cut in a year
    no ones told me it looks like a mop yet
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I agree with the top 2 responses.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2013