If you found out that you are pregnant with a child that is mentally or physically challenged would you abort ?

I would do it in a heartbeat. These poor kids are burdens to their families and most likely they won't be productive members of society, that's no quality of life imo. why would I subject them to that ? I would feel selfish for not terminating the pregnancy .

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• No!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Are you seriously saying "those kids " aren't productive members of society???? Holy shit, gwen!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I would not though I am beyond those decisions. I would not have done it earlier in my life. I believe that all human life is sacred and has a purpose. Have you ever asked one of "those people" if they would rather not have been born?
    There is not reason why a person can not be a productive member of society. There a few who would be literally vegetables for their whole life but that is rare.
    i frrl that if a child is strong enough to fight their way into this world , they have a right to be given the chance.
    That is my opinion and you have yours. It is all good.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• WTF!?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• No I would not. Perfection is not a prerequisite for living in my world.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• As a mom with a child with autism,I find what you said to be HIGHLY disgusting!
    Had there been a test to tell us he had it,I wouldn't have even thought for a second to end his life
    Just because my son is different,it doesn't make him LESS THAN

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• So you're saying Stephen hawking isn't a productive member of society? LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I dont think gwen even has kids. I have no idea why she is even on this site. She trolls around and insults people all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Could be, anon. Her profile page is lacking of personal info

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2013

• please see the show Radio and I am Sam. Both are based n true stories both were out standing men. Those are just s couple to name. Those men are more productive citizens then most of the people living of public assistance.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2013