Cigarette burn.

My boys (8, and 9 yrs old) were visiting their bio dad for 4 days over Christmas break. Both he (my ex) and his Mother (he lives with her) smoke like trains, and have been asked, by their Dr, in writing, to refrain from it around our boys because of one my boys having asthma. Anyway, I always wash everything when they get home, it smells of smoke. I was checking the pockets, etc, and there was a burn hole in my youngests coat. I asked him if he remembered it happening, he said no.
I'm assuming it was laying somewhere near where they were smoking and they dropped it, or, the end of it fell off onto the coat.
I'm furious. I gave him a written letter, from their Dr, saying NOT to smoke around them. I know the hole was a burn, the fabric is melted, and it's a circle. We don't smoke at all, so it had to be there that it happened. Our son hasn't been around anyone else that smokes.... Should I say something to him, or just save it for court on the 22nd of Feb? I'm having the visits modified to one weekend a month, and changing a couple other things. Thanks for reading.. My anxiety is not getting better, I can't wait for all of this to be over with.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Court let the judge handle it. And take that smelly coat (put it in a plastic bag) to court with you as evidence.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• We've been divorced for over 6 yrs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• How long have you been divorced?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• He told our boys that I wrote the letter... Their Dr, which is mine as well, put her phone number on it if he wanted to call her.. He's an idiot.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I would save it for court You already gave a letter and he ignored it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• No, not in the pocket. I was just checking them to make sure he didn't have anything in them before throwing it in the washer. The burn is at the bottom of the coat, no where near the pockets.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• The burn hole is IN the pocket as in the inside part?

It does not sound like anash burn to me or anything to do with smoking except someone hiding a cigarette in their pocket to keep from getting caught.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2013