Your SO tells you that your best friends hubby is cheating on her.....

Your SO is the only one who knows besides the bestfriends husband and the other woman.. Do you tell your best friend?

***Your SO tells you not to say anything.. & you have been best friends with this girl since elementary school.

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• Absolutely tell her. If She gets mad at, or doesn't believe you, She ain't your BFF.
    2monstersmommy

Answer by 2monstersmommy at 1:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I may not state it outright but, I would steer her towards investigating & discovering for herself.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• That would be a tough one. On on hand, I say yes. She's my best friend, I owe it to her to tell her. But on the other hand, she might not believe me and it could ruin our friendship, which I wouldn't want.

Also, you don't mention - does SO expect me to keep it between just him and I? If he does, then that would factor into my decision as well.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• yup.
    She may get mad initially, or maybe hubby got it wrong and my best friend's Sister-in-law was visiting and went out to diner with her brother (my best friend's hubby) in either case Secrets only make it worse and eat at the individuals keeping them. I believe honesty is thebest policy, even if it's something the other person doesn't want to hear.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I have never been in this exact situation BUT, my DH's Cousin was cheating on his fiance. Actually cheated EVERY chance he got. I was not very friendly with her. One night we all went to dinner & she said in front of us all that she has a recurring dream that "so & so" is cheating on her. The guys almost choked & looked down. I looked her in the eyes & right then I knew she already knew. So I REALLY think if your DH/SO is a cheater then you know it already. BTW, she married him & he is still cheating. De-Nile aint just a river in Egypt!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Yes,in a heartbeat
    How would you like to find out that your bestie knew and never said anything? I'd feel betrayed by everyone that knew

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• My bff? Heck yeah, I'll tell her. She'd do the same.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Yes, but my dh wouldn't put me in that position. Having been cheated on before he would never be okay with someone he knew cheating and he would go to my friend himself.

Answer by missanc at 2:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• if I dont see it with my own eyes I say nothing
    how does your SO know?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• wendythewriter.. I updated the question! :)
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2013