Time to lose serious weight! suggestions?personal experiences?

i just had baby number 5 and a tubal so no more babys i need to lose some weight baby weight and a lil extra he was born on dec 6 and all i know is right after that i was 207lbs which is way too much im only 5ft 4in so im committed to weight loss but have never done it before and the internet is confusing me one site says one thing another says the opposite ive always been bigger it says for my age and hight i should weigh no more than 130 but i know my build is bigger and i will never be 130 my goal is 160-170 my hips down are thin i just have always had this muffin top and love handels that are annoying me suggestions i want a tredmill but cant afford it and have really no chance to leave the house so in home suggestions help greatly i cut out soda completely and dont take in any liquid calories except for coffee i can not cut that out i do snack but instead of chips i have fat free pretzels or special k bars any advice is appreciated!!! thank you

jaders1220

Asked by jaders1220 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Go raw. Don't buy anything packaged. Eat carrots, celery, apples, etc. for snacks
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Start slow. Don't get down on yourself and give up when it doesn't seem as if you've made any progress after a few months. It took five babies and even more years to put on the weight, so it won't all come off in a snap.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• DH just posted this on my FB - "The key to eating healthy? Avoid any food that has a tv commercial." So, eat whole foods, nuts, apples, grapefruit, grapes, if you want a granola - make your own, the packaged ones are crap. So are things like nutrigrain bars, special K bars, you get the idea. And stay away from artificial sweeteners they are worse for you than sugar.

Fermented foods like yogurt (not yoplait or danon) but brands that have no artificial sweeteners and do have live active cultures are wonderful for you.

Weigh and measure everything that you eat. Get at least 8 cups of water a day. Green tea is great for weight loss too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• the eating healthier is only one part (the easy part for me haha)

the other is exercise (yuck). ive found that exercise videos are the easiest for me to actually do. they have lots for decent prices at places like Half Price Books or even the library. just get a couple that look good and see what works for you & that you'll enjoy. its a lot easier to exercise when its fun. if you have an xbox or wii id suggest getting the Just Dance 3 or 4 game. i use that for exercise and after a few minutes im sweating and breathing hard but its so fun cause its just dancing haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• What I do is pray and ask God for discipline when it comes to fighting gluttony and laziness. Then, throughout the day I try to stay focus on not just lounging around and overeating.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Check out myfitnesspal.com I use this site to log my food. They have an app that has a barcode scanner that makes logging your food easier.
    They have success stories, challenges, etc. I also in the past used weight watchers momentum plan, and loved it too. I compared the two programs. MFP set my cal at 1200 and with ww my calories were about 1500-1600
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 9:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2013