question about crawling

My daughter has crawled slightly to get something but dosent really seem to like to crawl..she'd rather stand up...she is 9 months..anyways ..She ends up falling on her belly after 3o seconds pushes up and then tires out. Is this the beginning of crawling? I ealize some never do. I thought once they started to get around they'd would want to keep at it..Has anyones baby ever experienced this with their lo?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here is a tip. Take a pillow case fold it in half long wise stick it under her belly hold up both ends straight above her. This allows her to get her belly off the ground and keep her hands down. Did this with my son a 7 months and now i can't stop him.
    Nicole_momtobe

Answer by Nicole_momtobe at 10:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My daughter started crawling around the same time she started to pull up. (9 mo.) She would army crawl, but wouldn't do the regular crawl for the longest time. Then we went on a trip out of town and she played with some older kids quite a bit and all of the sudden she was crawling and pulling up all the time. Once she starts though...you're going to wish you had just a couple more weeks. =) It is exhausting! Some kids skip crawling altogether and go straight to walking. My dogs are great incentive to get my little one moving. She loves to play with them. I also got the VTech roll and crawl ball. It lights up and rolls on its own which is good incentive for baby to chase after it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2009