Why is he your ex?

Share your horror stories

I had an ex who figured that my role was to work full time,clean the house,prepare all the meals,do the laundry,and his was to work full time and make messes for me.
He'd come home,expect me to have made food at 11:15 PM,stay up until 2am watching movies,and then want sex. I had to be up at 5:30 to work. He got pissed when I told him he was dreaming if he thought my job was to wait on his ass.
Whatever he was eating,the plate stayed where he left it. Pop cans littered the table next to his chair. He'd take off his clothes and drop them,and that's where they stayed. Wet towels on the floor or the bed. UGH!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• Because I caught him eating his foot skin.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Footskin?! OMFG! I puked.. lmao
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• He had an affair. For me that is a deal breaker. I am not the kind of person who wants to sit around wondering if he really is at that meeting, court hearing or working. Not how I want to spend my time. I am worth more than that.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• He cheated.. enough said.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• My ex is my ex because I wised up. It took me catching him cheating for me to see the light.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Right? lol We were sitting on the couch watching a movie and I saw him put something in his mouth. I was like Ooohhh what have you got? I want some! Then he got super annoyed that I'd asked and kept pressing him. He eventually admitted it was his foot skin. I asked how long this had been going on and he said since he was a kid. I never saw him again.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I made him my ex because I realized I didn't love him. We hardly spent time any together and I wasn't bothered by that. My decision proved to be the correct one when 6 months later I learned from my gyno that I had HPV.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• It takes two to keep a relationship going and I was tired of being the one doing the work for us both in all aspects of our lives. I woke up one morning and didn't love him anymore. He was emotionally abusive, too. I couldn't do anything right, he didn't respect me, I was just his object to play with when he had time. I didn't want him treating the kids this way or the kids thinking this was an acceptable way to treat a spouse whom you claim to love. I get mad when I see his name on my mail, on my phone, or have to hear his voice.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Abusive alcoholic.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• You just described my current. Except for the first parts. I don't cook.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2013