36 weeks today and cervix is very soft...

What does "soft" mean, does it mean I am effaced? Also I know there really is no way to tell but about how long (on average) after you're fully effaced or close to it do you start to dilate? Like I said I know everyone is different but I'm just so curious and anxious!!!!

tcremin

Asked by tcremin at 2:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It means you have days to weeks yet

Does no one ask their doctor anything anymore??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• you could be in labor tomorrow or you could be 2 weeks late. There really is no magic formula or rhyme or reason
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I know there really is no way to tell how long...just thought maybe someone could share their personal experience. Sorry for not mentioning that sooner.
    tcremin

Comment by tcremin (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I never dialated until I went into full labor. Don't be in a hurry, the baby will come when it's ready. I know you are excited and anxious, but it's like waiting for Christmas day to open all your presents. You still have a couple of weeks to go, so take this time to pamper yourself and rest up.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2013