Wow. i'm shocked right now. how would you feel.

my husband just called. normally every summer we take a 1 week vacation with the in-laws. this year they only want my husband & our son to go because of the cost. me and my 2 sons (his step-sons) are not invited.

my inlaws live across the country from us so husband sees them only 2x/year.

i am honestly very hurt that my husband would take a vacation without me. i thought he was kidding when he said it. he has no issues with leaving me & my 2 boys here and going off to Yellowstone. i am very very hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• Here's a compromise you can offer him. They come to you. Vacation at your home. That way they pay for two plane tickets and no hotel.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• My in-laws did this to me for the first few years we were married. Granted, it wasn't flying across country, I just simply wasn't invited.
    They had all kinds of excuses as to WHY, but he stood his ground and said "I am not coming without my wife." My husband didn't see his family for 3 years.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I've vacationed without my hubby. Why don't you and your sons go on vacation when he does, there's nothing to stop you.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 4:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• That is unbelievable! My inlaws would never leave me and my 3 oldest kids out, even though they aren't their bio grandkids like my younger two. I would not put up with that. When your husband married you, he agreed to make a family out of the 5 of you, not two separate families living under one roof.

Answer by missanc at 4:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Are they paying for the entire trip?
    Why don't you & your DH pay for yourselves and your kids, that should solve the problem.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I agree with Funlivinlady. If your husband insists on going to Yellowstone, then take your boys and do something else cool, even if it's local.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• bad That's a terrible thing for them to even consider! your DH should be telling them it's all or nothing. Is he expecting you 3 to be cool with this?!?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• My parents foot the bill for a vacation for me, my siblings and all of our families every year. They have vetoed some vacation ideas because it's too expensive to do for that many people, but they would never choose an expensive vacation and then start deciding who can/can't come. I'm still just blown away at their rudeness! Have you talked to them? Explained to them how that might make your two younger children feel? That they are creating a rift in your family?

Answer by missanc at 7:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I'll tell you what kind of husband does that. A soon to be EX husband.

Real Men tell their parents, "It's all or nothing."

Answer by gdiamante at 12:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I would be pissed! I would put down your foot. Its either you all go or no one does. Or at least have all the kids go. Its not fair two the other kids to watch their sibling go and not them. If he still left he would come back to his shit on the front lawn.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2013