Atheists are cattle

It was pointed out by a regular that my posts seem to be of a proselytizing nature - that I seem to be promoting atheism by attacking other beliefs.

I'm truly sorry that my posts come across as that way.  Of course I'm passionate about my views, for many reasons.  As a result, of course, I'm posting from my point of view, the point of view that seems most correct to me.  However, some seem unhappy that my posts show secularlism in a more favorable light than religion.

I posted some videos, and others pitched in, that argue against the atheist perspective, but they are all milquetoast compared to this (well, Mr. Redneck comes close, but he doesn't argue very well on the topic of intelligence).

For those who hate all that atheism represents, feel that atheists are immoral, heartless or whatever, I present this, for your pleasure:

Atheists lack intelligence, according to the Quran.

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 4:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Religious Debate

• So, Kity-Bity, Allah is waiting for me to take the word of other people and follow Islam because it should be clear to me that it's the right faith?  Sorry, but that doesn't really sound very smart.  See, he has a lot of competition, and his favorite vehicle for worship (Islam) has a lot of competition, too.  There are many different denominations of Christianity that make the exact same claim to be the right one path.  They promise great rewards to believers and horrible punishment to those who "choose" not to believe.  How am I supposed to know the right one, without some great supernatural intervention?  Should I spend my life devoting myself to this discovery?  Should I pretend to believe one of them until it sinks in and I start to actually believe, sort of like we are told to make our face muscles smile, and soon we'll feel happy?

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Kity bity your reply is chock full of contradiction. Pardon me if I dismiss your claims about your Allah.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Well jsbenkert, no doubt ALLAH is omnipotent and omniscient, He really wants all HIS creatures to believe in Him. He loves His creatures 70 times more than that a mother loves her child. He knows everything that why you don't believe in Him but He told us everything about right or wrong path., and it is your choice whether you choose the right way or other one. He have the power to provide you the proof but if you sincerely want to find it.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 2:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• No cow is an atheist when on the way to the slaughterhouse

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• To me the more important question is: Are cattle atheists?- :)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 12:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• We're all sheep, we just follow different shepherds
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Kity-bity, in case you were concerned, I'm not at all offended by your comment.  As this is the debate section, we are entitled to express our opinions and discuss them.  You have stated yours, as is your right. 

Let me ask you this, though:  Is Allah omnipotent?  Is he omniscient?  Does he really want me to believe in him?  If he is omniscient, does he not understand why I don't believe in him?  Does he not see that it's not a matter of stubbornness, or even of choice, but via years of reflection, study and observation that I reached my conclusions?  If he's omnipotent, does he not have the power to provide what proof I need that he exists and that I should worship him?

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Anon-why did you bother to read her post if you know oh so much about her posting style? I know some people don't like their beliefs being questioned on a personal level but this is a debate board. Get over it.

I think your problem anon is you are a coward. And mistakenly thought this was the rainbows and butterflies answer section when in fact it is a debate section. It'd help you to learn the difference I think.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Thank you, brave anon, for speaking up so. I will not attack you for that.

I will simply say that I think you're wrong.  Part of my questioning does involve questioning religion in general, and the major religions specifically.  You don't have to agree.  In fact, you have the choice to be exposed to what I post in the debate section, and how you respond to them.

If it bothers you, don't read my posts.  I never post "anon", so you always know which are mine.

Again, thank you for your courage to point out what you perceive to be my faults.  It was very kind of you to share your opinion.

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• The problem with your posts is that rather than post what you like about Atheism you tend to debase religion instead. Just because you put a question mark at the end of a statement does not mean you are "questioning". Many of your posts are statements disguised as questions and you seem obsessive on the topic. Being obsessed by proving yourself correct is not usually a trait people admire.
    Let the attack begin!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2013