WHY

WHY DO PEOPLE GET UPSET WITH OTHER PEOPLE TRYING TO LIVE A God fearing life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• "Fear God and give him glory." That's in the bible. The word "fear" is not a scary fear... you have to understand what kind of fear it is to understand that it's not a negative thing. It's a fear of displeasing... like a child having a healthy fear of displeasing their parent out of love.

"Fear God rather than men".. that's also in the Bible. So Godly fear is necessary, and again, it's not a morbid kind of fear.

Now for the answer to your question: The Bible says that just as the world hated Jesus, his followers would also be hated by the world. So it's just more proof that the Bible is true. Respond by loving your enemies and continue to do nice things, even (and especially) for people who are against you or who are upset with you.

God says, "Vengence is mine." So don't worry about what other people think. Don't try to judge them yourself. They will be judged.. so all you have to do is be nice in return.
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 4:06 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Beacuse they have no life themselves so they have to bash other people
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• What do you mean by upset? And by people do you mean your SO/DH/BF? Unfortunately I don't have a good reason, other than they don't understand it. Now, mind you, I don't lead that kind of life but my mom does and her first husband wanted to divorce her b/c of it. I think it's ridiculous when someone can't accept you for who you are but there's nothing I can do to change people. I hope you find your answer soon.
    ElijahsMom211

Answer by ElijahsMom211 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• The term 'God fearing' seems so negative. Are we not supposed to love and respect each other and God.
    Fear does not equal respect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Usually it's when the person starts badgering family members to lead the same "god fearing" life when things get resentful. Seen it happen with my mother and her family. She took her conversion and tried to "save" her brothers and sisters from their "sinful godless lives." Needless to say, resentment was created and it destroyed their relationship.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Only when they attack me for not living the same life do I get upset.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 12:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009