Soy Formula? Is it really that bad?? Makes girls grow womanly quicker??

My daughter throws up 24/7. Her doctor never brought up the idea of a milk allergy and acts like it's fine since she's gaining weight. But honestly, the way my baby projectile vomits is not fine with me. She told me to try Nutramigen and I did, but it didn't work at all. She's also on prevacid, but still throws up. So I tried Gerber GoodStart Soy and it is really helping so far, but I've heard so many bad things about Soy, so now I'm scared. I heard it's like 5 times worst than birth control. What does that mean? My daughter's going to grow like big boobs at age 7 or something? lol Seriously I am so confused and don't want to keep feeding her something that is not good for her. I'm just at my wit ends with all this vomiting so got excited to see how GoodStart Soy was working so far. Please anyone with experience with this formula or any soy formula help :-( And if anyone has a daughter who was brought up on soy and turned out A-OK...please tell me lol..i just need to be reassured.

Myanas_Mommy08

Asked by Myanas_Mommy08 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both of my children used Soy. They both seemed to have issues otherwise. That's been 24 and 29 years ago though, so I'm afraid I can't be too much help.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• LOL @ the boob thing.... I'll pass that on to them. They will get a kick outta that. Neither of them are big chested. They both grew up just fine.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Soy is perfectly safe
    The amount she'd have to take in to create problems is way more than she could ever consume

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I had a milk allergy when I was a baby, so my mom gave me soy based formula. I turned out just fine. I developed like a typical girl would, of course this was about 26 yr ago. I've never heard anything of the sort that you are referring to.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 6:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• My DD was EBF until she started solids at 6 months and never had formula. She started developing earlier than some of her peers, and definitely needed at least a sports bra by 9. At 13 she is a C cup. I was maybe a B by 13.

Some kids are going through puberty much earlier but it isn't completely "soy formula is evil." it's all of the additives in our food. There is soy and corn in many, many places that it should not be. There are antibiotics in our dairy and our meat, unless it's strictly organic, but there are other things in there that are just as horrific if not worse.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• My daughter is 12 and looks 15...I feel like I gave her too much soy when she was little because we did not do milk...i would say change to almond milk...
    onthebrink333

Answer by onthebrink333 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• That's total BS onthebrink. There are growth hormones in everything from bottled water to vegetables. You cannot avoid them. That is why the children are growing up to quickly, not because of soy.

Anonymous

• There's been some research looking into whether girls are starting puberty earlier because of environmental factors, including soy formula. Nothing definitive at this point, but google "soy and precocious puberty."

Answer by gdiamante at 12:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• My 7 year old has been on soy since we found out she has a milk allergy, which was 2 or 3. She's doing fine and not "growing up too quickly", if you know what I mean (of course she is, she's one of my babies!).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• You have alternatives like not using commercial formula, but breastmilk would be safest.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2013