Help Chili disaster.

Please tell me my pot of chili is not a lost cause I stuck 3 can of tomato with chiles in it instead of 1 any way to calm the flavor down a degree or 2?? I haven't screwed up this bad in a LONG time. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

liss05

Asked by liss05 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Throw a peeled potato into the pot for a while. It's should absorb some of the spices for you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Try to slice a potato in half and throw it in there and let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Also, you can use sour cream in the chili (as a garnish) to bring down the heat from the spices.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Do you have enough of the other ingredients? You can make a bigger batch and freeze some for another dinner.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Sour cream and cheese work nicely to calm down heat. Have you tried the chili to see how spicy it is?
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• flavor or heat down?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Yup add a potato! You can also puree some beans to add and as amanda said--- there is always crackers, sour cream and cheese!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I always heard the potato trick was for excess salt, never heard of it for spice. I'd have added extra other stuff, or put it in the fridge until I could get extra stuff to make more.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• That potato things is a GREAT idea. I have never heard of that. I think the sour cream thing may work because dairy tones down the pepper burn.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Or am I stuck with chili that is going to burn every orifice of my body. ;(
    liss05

Comment by liss05 (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• The heat of it I am sure the flavor is fine once the 4 alarm fire is on a 2 alarm.
    liss05

Comment by liss05 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2013