'nother cake question- How do you do this? ( sorry m-avi... Just don't look! :oD )

anyone have any ideas on how they did this?  I can't seem to find it anywhere...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• You know I don't have any self control! I just had to break open the gummy bears... now what, a cake mix or some cookies??? ARE YOU HAPPY?! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I TOLD YOU NOT TO LOOK!!! lmao!!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Create a template with a heavy paper or cardboard with the number cutout and then pipe the icing on the cake or do it on a silicon mat then let it dry then move it to the cake.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Ya, I was going to say cardboard 2 pressed in or many small pieces that make up the cardboard 2.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I need to find a bigger pic of this. I don't think anything is on the cake... it is like the sprinkles were scraped off int he shape of a two...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• cut the number or picture out of heavy paper or soft card board and gntly place on the cake sprinkels on top trying to just cover the paper. Grntly brushe the sprinkles that are on the paper out onto the cake and lift the paper off.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• not sure if this bigger...

But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I thought of that too Dard. wouldn't it just pull the frosting off the cake? that was my concern...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Dard is right. Use parchment paper and the frosting should be fine. You can also frost, let it dry, lay the 2 on, swipe a thin layer of fresh frosting over as the "glue" and put the sprinkles on.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• frost your cake as you wat, make a template and put the template down, then the sprinkles all over the cake, remove the template, viola!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2013