Anyone hear about those 2 morons walking the streets of Portland OR with their guns over their shoulders?

I don't have a link
They say they were exercising their 2nd amendment rights
Yep,by scaring the shit out of everybody!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I live in an open carry state, and I've never seen anyone hillbilly enough to walk around with a rifle slung over their shoulder.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• In the setting that they are/were in and after the recent events, yes it would frighten me and I live in rural Alabama. Now if they were just leaving the woods decked out in camo with their rifles slung over their shoulders that would be a completely different story.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• BeautyGuru, people in Portland, Oregon don't show off their guns in the city. It's NOT Texas. This is a peace-loving kind of place. People there would be horrified and very frightened and then they would send these guys on their way with love and light.

I'm in Seattle and I'd freak if I saw that here and many people carry. It's not PC.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• So. Open carry is legal. I am in Wyoming and I see it quite often. I would rather see someone open carrying in public than someone wearing pajamas in public.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Oh for Pete's sake- we all know they have the right to own and depending on the area the right to carry openly... the point is in light of recent evens would this look alarming. I personally say yes. It would be a little suspicious for me to see two men with guns slug over their shoulders for no apparent reason in an openly public and especially crowded area..
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I don't see the big deal, they have the right to open carry a firearm all they want. That's their constitutional right. I walk around with a .38 strapped to my waist in plain view. Sane people with guns don't scare me, crazy people who try to hide guns and cause havoc scare me.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 7:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I am not against owning a gun, just NOT an assault rifle or any automatic gun that fires numerous rounds in seconds. There is absolutely NO reason here in the USA to own a weapon like that. If someone breaks into my home to hurt me or my family a shotgun or a regular handgun is all I would need. The only time I have seen anyone in public with assault rifles slung over their shoulder was the military in Penn Station & that made me feel safe not a bunch of spastic morons walking the streets in my town. That spells trouble to me & causes too much anxiety & upset for children.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Perhaps they should have exercised their right to carry a "concealed" weapon like any NORMAL person should do. Dh is in Law Enf. and he would never walk around showing off his gun... He has a special shirt that he shoves it down in over his chest... Makes him look real good and manly... he-he.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I have a reason to own my ak47 and my sks...They are fun as crap to shoot and its my right to own one.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 7:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• I wouldn't bat an eyelash lol. Where we lived in va everyone carried a gun in sight, we also had the local " crazy" who carried a chainsaw everywhere lol. Guns don't really bother me.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2013