Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Serving Divorce papers

When serving divorce papers can my husbands sister serve him

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • I believe an officer of the court does it. Why on earth would you want to drag her into your mess with your hubby?
    Let an outsider do it.

    Answer by Dardenella at 8:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • Yep,process server only

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • As far as I know, at least where I live, it has to be done either by the sheriff's department or a process server, or you can hand deliver it to him yourself - although they do discourage that last one. lol

    Answer by wendythewriter at 8:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • no she can not

    Answer by fiatpax at 8:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • No a process server must do it. Seriously, call a lawyer.

    Answer by booklover545 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.