Things to bring to the hospital??

What do you think you should bring to the hospital for you labor, delivery and stay?? Weather it be necessity or just luxury??

Gabbriellasmom

Asked by Gabbriellasmom at 8:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Cont...
    *The BABY STUFF: hospitals use Pampers SWADDLERS. All you need is an outfit that the little pumpkin will go home in! a couple baby blankets . Make sure you have your car seat – Wipes & cream
    *The HUBBY STUFF: Frankly he should only need PJs, a change of clothes and a toothbrush, deodorant.
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 9:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Chapstick. Change of clothes for you SO and baby. Snacks and water. A hair tie if you wear them.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Camera cell phone and chargers
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Comfy panties you don't mind getting messy! I've actually been making packing lists after watching videos on youtube on what other people brought to the hospital. I don't remember what all I needed last time that was 10 years ago!
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 8:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Staci has it right with chapstick and chargers. Also gum.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Yea- this is my second time as well and I am completely blanking on what I need to bring!! Thanks for the help!
    Gabbriellasmom

Comment by Gabbriellasmom (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Chargers! I know for a fact I forgot those last time- thanks! And even though it's important I probably would have forgotten the camera as well if you didn't say anything- I feel like my brain has turned to mush this pregnancy!
    Gabbriellasmom

Comment by Gabbriellasmom (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• Also- a few people have told me not to bring a pillow because they will be upset because of lack of space?? Is this true? I remember their pillows being less than comfortable and I'm having a c-section so I'm going to be there for 5 days so I'd like to bring one if it wouldn't be a problem.
    Gabbriellasmom

Comment by Gabbriellasmom (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• If you want your own pillow take it. They can like it or not! Besides Your S/O might want the extras if he plans to sleep there.
    If you will be there several days then pack your bag and the baby's bag for those nights PLUS set some things out at home so DH can easily find them if you need more. If you plan to nurse it may be easier to pack your own jamies with a button top. No-skid socks are a must for a longer stay! But basically as Stacie said... clothes, chap stick, no-skid socks, camera, phone, hair stuff( plus shampoo and conditioner- my hospital did not provide those) and chargers-snacks for you an SO.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

• All great suggestions! Yes my DH does plan on staying and I remember him being pretty uncomfortable on that fold out chair thing! I actually was just watching the show "A Baby Story" and in the hospital this couple was at they had like full sized hospital beds so that the DH could sleep along side her! I thought that was the coolest thing!
    Gabbriellasmom

Comment by Gabbriellasmom (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2013