Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Advertising a divorce in the newspaper

When you advertise the divorce in the newspaper is in your county or wheere the other person is, I would think it is where the other person is right

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • I would have thought it would be the county of their last known address.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • last known address for the person ebing "served notice"

    Answer by fiatpax at 9:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • call court house or lawyer
    get legal stats on what notice has to say, location, how many weeks posted etc
    you do not want to spend all that money on a legal ad only to have a court say- do it again and do it right this time
    these ads can be kind of expensive

    good luck

    Answer by fiatpax at 9:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • It's posted in the local paper of the county/town you were married in.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2013

  • No idea, call a lawyer.

    Answer by booklover545 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.