Do you think its to late to fix my credit?? its horrible!!

Im 40 yrs. Old. I know I should've prayed more attention to my credit years ago but I didn't. Now I feel embarrassed about my credit score.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2013 in Money & Work

• What is it?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• It's never too late. It's not as if you're the 85 year old woman who told a collector (my husband), "What are you going to do to me? I'm gonna die soon anyway!"

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• It's never too late; it might just take awhile. Starting out with a store credit card might be the way to go because it's easier to get that than an unlimited one, and then if you make the payments on time and keep the balance down but not at zero, you'll be able to build up to a better card.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• It's never too late - some times it's something silly that you can fix in a snap
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 1:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• No it's not too late. Talk to a credit counselor There are free services that can help you. Start paying off the highest interest credit first and work your way your debts. Good Luck.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• It is never too late to fix your credit. My suggestion is for you to get a current credit report and see if there is anything on your credit that is not yours. If it is you need to dispute it ( if you need to know how just message me and i can explain it to you.). After you do that Go to Capitol One's website and apply for a secure credit card. Theses cards help you bring your credit score up. You will have to give them a deposit. It may be $49 or more. Once you get the card buy $30 worth of gas or something else small and pay the whole card off. Once you do that do not use the card again. This will definitely help bring your score up.
    Cass3107

Answer by Cass3107 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Also, always pay your bills on time. If you have a bill that you can not pay in full pay something on it. Whatever you can afford to pay. Make sure you pay something on it every month and they can not send it to a collection agency or report it negatively on your credit report. I had an old cable bill once and I told them all I could pay is $10 a month and they told me that I had to at least pay $25 or they would not take the payment. Every month I paid them whatever I could. I paid them by check. Sometimes I would pay $2 and sometimes I would pay $5. Seriously, it was whatever I could afford. They always cashed the check and they did not report it to the collections agency.
    Cass3107

Answer by Cass3107 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I agree with pp's, it's never too late.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Never too late and you will need for so many things 9 fast fixes for your credit scores   http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/9-fast-fixes-for-your-credit-scores-weston.aspx    The best get a secured credit card  use it and pay it off.   A friend did that now his credit is great.  Hang in there things happen.

sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Never too late.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2013