Is it safe for a 15 month old to "sweat it out" ??

My son had a low fever of 100.3 a few hours ago. His temp was taken from his underarm. I gave him some children's ibuprofen and it got back down to 99.0. Ive read that that's relatively a normal temp but he still feels a little warm. How should I dress him for bed? I don't feel that sweating it out is safe for a child his age but can anyone give me suggestions? I'm just confused on what to dress him in because I'm afraid of bundling him too much or not enough.!

1stTimeMomofOne

Asked by 1stTimeMomofOne at 1:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Sweating it out isn't healthy for anyone when they're sick. You don't want him getting dehydrated. Dress him lightly in 100% cotton.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Thank you!! I just didn't feel right earlier! I feel much better now with your suggestion! @ JulieJacobKyle
    1stTimeMomofOne

Comment by 1stTimeMomofOne (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I agree. In my babies I never treated a fever with meds under 101.5 and in my kids I don't treat them under 103. Unless of course their is pain. I always treat pain.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2013

• You should give infant Tylenol (acetaminophen) for fever in an infant under 2 years old not children's Motrin unless you ask a Dr. first. It works better for reducing fever as well.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2013